Non-family executives working in family-owned businesses often do not have a good place to turn for input about the challenges they face. This group is designed to be a support network and resource to these key executive-level members of family businesses. Understanding and navigating the key operating challenges unique to a family business is crucial for the success of non-family executives.
The KeyGroup supports the development of leadership and communication skills necessary for non-family executives to effectively serve in their roles.
Who should join?
Non-Family Executives of Family-Owned Businesses who:
- Are Members of FBA
- Presidents, CEOs, and other Executives within the business
- Want to learn about family business best practices
- Want to share with and learn from peers
- Are looking for a safe, confidential, friendly, and structured setting
Please Note: Networking primarily for lead generation is not a program goal.
What To Expect
- The Family Business Alliance team will assign you to a group based on company size and other factors
- No individuals from your company or competitors will be included in the group
- The Group will meet 10-12 times per year for a three–hour meeting
- The Group will be led by a trained volunteer moderator
- A high level of confidentiality from all participants including group members, moderator, and any FBA staff.
- Opportunities for presentations by an outside expert on group selected topics, discussion, or relevant reading topic.
- A facility tour of each member’s organization and overview of services
- The opportunity to present an issue and gain peer-driven feedback
- One-time $500 training fee
- Understanding Unique Operating Challenges in Family Businesses
- Navigating Conflict and Communication in the Family Business
- Balancing the Needs of the Business in Relation to the Family
- Defining Expectations, Roles, and Responsibilities